Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A few days of ... rest??


So the last 2 days I have had off work. IT has been WONDERFUL! Tuesday I slept in which was glorious. And then I had a few things to do around town. woopee! :P I decided since I had a lot on my mind and no way to ... express it I would go for a DRIVE. I drove to Westport and silly girl I am in my high heel boots decided to climb the jetty. I am sure it was entertaining to watch, but it was wonderful. I do love the ocean... so much. It was pretty grey out but I enjoyed it anyway. I had my scarf wrapped around my head like pictures we see of Mary and Joseph. IT was pretty hilarious, but i wanted to be warm even though it was so flippin cold outside! I found a big rock at the top and sat down for about 20 minutes. as long as I could take it! It was long enough to really sit and pray and think through a few things. I always find peace when I am at the sea... There was a lone sea gull floating in the waves eating his lunch I assume and I thought, it's okay to be alone sometimes... to just "BE". It was quite nice. I crawled back down trying not to slip and break my neck! Climbed in my warm car (as warm as it gets these days anyway!) and drove off just as it started downpouring! I thanked God that I was able to enjoy those few moments before the storm. I needed it.

And then I went to knit night! I LOVE knit night! I have found so much joy in spending time with the ladies that come to the Yarn Corner. They are such a blessing and so fun to be around. I laugh and enjoy it. And I get to knit, which is becoming one of my favorite things to do!

I went home and finished up my latest pair of socks! That makes 5 down. :o) They are so awesome! :o) I LOVE THEM!

And then today... oh today. I went out to breakfast with Brittany. What a blast. I love her so much and feel so honored to be a trusted friend. She brings joy into my life. I needed to hear the joy and reality from a friend. I am so grateful for who she is and the sister and friend she is becoming more and more as time goes on. Weird today she told me and I hadn't realized it -- but we have been friends for TEN YEARS! Dang people that's a decade!!

And then, I hung out with Melina while my tires were being changed -- oy $200 is a lot these days for tires. Yuck. and that's just for 2!! But Melina as well was a blessing. IS a blessing. I am so grateful for FRIENDS. I have felt so alone in the past few months and in the last few weeks I have realized again just how many friends I have and how grateful I am for them. We sat in my Sisters Bakery -- it's wonderful! I absolutely recommend it to everyone and anyone! Check it out!!

Then I ran some more errands. Oh hooray! NOT! lol.

Then I thought, I should make cookies. So I did :o) And I took them to a friend. We had a nice chat. IT was lovely. And I am reminded again how grateful I am for old friends and New friends.

And tonight I started a new sock! IT is beautiful! I am content. For this moment in time. :o)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry I wasn't in when you called. I can't wait to see the new sock.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you're seeing all blessings that God has placed in your life! You're a fabulous woman and I cannot wait to see you when I get back into town!!

BrittanyMarie said...

I really wish I could have been that seagull so I could stare at you scrambling all over those rocks!

Um,I had fun at breakfast and I'm glad we are friends! : )