Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas... and the days that followed



IT has been a whirlwind couple of days!! okay week. :)

I can't believe Christmas has come and gone again.... so weird!! I was sad, my friend Jessica was supposed to come stay with me for a few days but because of the darn weather it couldn't happen :( But it's okay she is going to come stay with me in January! hopefully we'll get some fun pictures from that!

so the last week has been great. mostly sitting around and knitting :) Or baking goodies with mom and watching old movies. It has been so wonderful I do treasure it!

I have to show off the brilliant new project I am working on! IT is really coming along... Now don't get freaked out and think what a weirdo -- why is Kim knitting baby clothes??? Here is the thing -- baby's will always be being born... right? Right. SO I am practicing new stitches and i figure if I can knit baby clothes maybe someday I can knit my own sweaters and things as well :) That's the theory. SO I bought a baby book and I started knitting. They say it is agood place to start... so I am starting there :) i am so proud! A good gift for someone I love or maybe it will stay in my hope chest for someday -- who knows?? :)

I am finding that Christmas is different every year... certainly this year is way different than last year!!

Last year:
A tree drawn on a white board.
A Christmas exchange with friends in Haiti.
Swimming in the Caribbean.

This year:
At least a 3 dimensional tree ;)
Gifts with family.
Trying not to break my neck on the ice.

I really can't get over how different it is. It is a feeling of culture shock all over again even though I've been home for over 9 months now. Sometimes it still feels strange! Sometimes I miss Haiti and my friends so much it hurts! (Side note -- I got a surprise phone date with my friend Lisa from Haiti! It was wonderful!!)

This year was great! We did something we have never done before -- we had Christmas Eve dinner with Marc and Cindy and Rick and Amy Moyer and kids, it was awesome! We had chinese :) WE went to Canton. Catherine had made me my own personal gingerbread man and unfortunately Amy Broke off the head! IT was really tasty though!! yum yum!

Then I took some Christmas goodies to my friend Matt at work. IT was good to see him. Friends and family on christmas = goodness.

Then we drove to Taholah. It was snowing. A truly white Christmas. It's been years since I've seen that! It was beautiful but a little scary to drive in. It was so good to be home for Christmas. to have Uncle and Grandma both home and doing fairly well. Mom and dad got me just what I wanted for Christmas! A cool ipod docking station with speakers and a subwoofer! It is so cool! AND a new little Acer Aspire One! I LOVE IT! It is so wonderful. It works great and I can take it with me places and it has so much space! It is wonderful.

Overall it was a wonderful wonderful day!

Now I am back to work and trying to figure out what to do with life starting in January... Still praying about moving to Olympia -- pray with me will ya? :) That God would reveal the path ahead of me...

Now off to work...

No comments: